Thursday May 4th, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Living Amphitheater, UCLA Sunset Recreation Center
The Healthy Campus Initiative, envisioned and supported by Jane and Terry Semel, invites you to celebrate the Grand Opening of UCLA’s New Living Amphitheater! Located inside the Sunset Recreation Complex, this venue provides a welcoming space for our campus community. The Amphitheater has literally come alive with 31 community garden boxes tended by UCLA students, staff and faculty.
The event will feature a high-energy adaptation of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Directed by Joe Olivieri, Head of UCLA’s Undergraduate Acting Program, and featuring rising-star actors and designers from UCLA’s Department of Theater.
- 4:00 p.m. HCI-funded student projects competition, giveaways, demos, live music, and book signing of One Gun Ranch: Biodynamic recipes for Vibrant Living
- 5:00 p.m. Live show featuring a performances by UCLA's School of Theater Film and Television Actors
- 6:30 p.m. Celebration party with free food by Roy Choi's LocoL (founder of the Kogi food truck) and live music
Envisioned and supported by Jane and Terry Semel, Healthy Campus Initiative (HCI) is committed to making UCLA the healthiest campus in America. The UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative has grown into a powerful well-being movement, not only on the UCLA campus but is now being expanded across the entire UC system!
We have so much to celebrate! Be a part of the movement! #LiveWell
Tickets: FREE at UCLA’s Central Ticket Office
or $25 online
All audience members are encouraged to walk, bike or take public transportation to the event. If driving is your only option, parking is available in parking lot 11 and Sunset Village parking lot for $12.
What to Bring
- Water bottle to refill at water stations
- Blanket or cushion to sit on
Check out this helpful map to find your way!
Help share the Facebook event page!