In the below project briefs, Semel HCI Center has summarized some of our most innovative and successful projects, research, and partnerships that we are excited to share with other university campuses and beyond!
- The Protein Flip: Integrating Operations and Research with UCLA’s new Flex Bar at De Neve Dining Hall
- A Healthier Vending Program: Implementation and Evaluation
- Mindful Music: Making musical performances happen in places of healing, working, and learning
- ResearchWell: The evaluation of the UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative’s programs and events
- Student’s Sedentary Habits: A Research Study
- The StairWell Project: Taking steps to improve public health
- UCLA Transportation: A partnership with the BEWell pod of the UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative
- UCLA Recreation: A partnership with the MoveWell pod of the UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative
- BEWell: Reclaiming Our Healthy Spaces, A Space Activation Initiative
Each year, Semel HCI Center publishes a detailed report of our accomplishments. The following progress reports describe our accomplishments for each academic year in detail, beginning with our broad programmatic efforts, followed by the activities undertaken by members of our six pods. The reports conclude with a critical self-assessment of where UCLA now stands in terms of becoming a model for other campuses to create and support a culture of wellbeing.