The Semel Healthy Campus Initiative Center at UCLA invites you to our 2019 Celebration:
Health in Harmony
At UCLA, health transcends the physical. We envision a world where health is a shared meal, a walk in the garden, a deep breath, and a beautiful melody. As UCLA reaches its Centennial milestone, Semel HCI reimagines health in our own backyard. Join us to celebrate visionary leaders, brilliant discoveries, and the power of music to create health in harmony.
May 23, 2019 | 4:00PM – 7:30PM
Sunset Canyon Recreation Center, Front Desk Side Ramp & Mesa Gate Entrances
Don’t forget to bring a jacket!
Live Music | Games | Prizes | Free Food | Special Guests
4:00PM – 5:30PM | Pre-Show Fair
Free food and passport activity with games, prizes, giveaways, student grant presentations, and over 20 partnering organizations sharing health and well-being resources
5:30PM – 7:00PM | Live Show
Musical performances The Bash Dogs, Dalida Arakelian, Women in Jazz Ensemble, Herbie Hancock Institute of Jazz Performance Ensemble, Resonance A Capella; presentation of the jane b semel HCI Appreciation and Recognition Awards; and honoring Quincy Jones with the 2019 Eudaimonia Award
7:00PM – 7:30PM | Dinner and Reception
Post-show reception with free food from Everytable and raffle winner announcements
Help us reduce waste by bringing your reusable water bottle and/or reusable utensils!
- Please create an account using your UCLA email address.
- Upon logging in, click the “find tickets” button and provide the promo code: HCI (case sensitive) in the space provided.
- You may request up to 2 tickets, for yourself, and one guest. Please note that seating is not assigned at this event.
Getting to the Event
Sunset Canyon Recreation Center
Front Desk Side Ramp Entrance – 111 Easton Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90024 – Google Maps Link here
Mesa Gate Entrance located – 101 De Neve Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90024 – Google Maps Link here
*Note: Parking structures have slightly different address, please see our Event Map
We encourage you use sustainable transportation whenever possible! Here are some options for transportation:
- Walk – Save on gas, parking, and wear and tear on your vehicle by walking to the event if you are able!
- Bike – Bicycle parking is located outside the main entrance of Sunset Canyon Recreation Center.
- Public Transportation – Our venue is conveniently located near the 234/734 bus stop on Bellagio and Sunset Blvd. For other public transport options, please explore the list below:
- Rideshare – Get dropped off right at the event entrance on 101 De Neve Drive, and get picked up later at the rideshare pick-up location at the Sunset Canyon Recreation Center entrance.
- Drive – We encourage attendees to park in Parking Lot 11 or in Sunset Village Parking. For accessible parking options, check out this link.
This event is accessibility conscious. Accessible seating is available to those in need. For more information and any other accommodations, please contact our Event Accessibility Coordinator, Sanna Alas, at email@example.com. The accessible entrance to the event will be at the Mesa Gate off De Neve in the northernmost part of Sunset Canyon Recreation Center. For an accessible pathway to the event, please click here.
Tune in for More
If you are interested in receiving updates and reminders on the event, please sign up below: